Annons:
Taggreen-consumption
Read 1703 times
Evelina
2019-11-21 14:09

Is Everlane Really Ethical? - Let's find out

I have purchased a short sleeved silk shirt from Everlane over the summer and I love it! 

It is one of the most talked about brands when following minimalist fashion influencers. 

But as this YouTuber points out, it might not be all that ethical and sustainable after all. They use a lot of green washing marketing, which is honestly not that surprising because it's what companies do but it's still irritating. 

He says  that Everlane isn't even third party verified. To be honest, I didn't even know this or care to check (shame on me!) 

I do think, however, that some of their more quality driven-products are still worth it to purchase if you are looking for something that you want to last for years to come. But it might be worth it to check out some sustainable brands that have third party verification.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-11-21 16:30

I looked them up in the app Leia wrote about earlier, ”Good on you”. They get a two-point rating out of five, and the label ”Not good enough”. Instead they recommend brands like Bon Label, The Social Outfit and Komodo. They are similar to Everlane but with 5-point ratings.

Before this I hadn't heard of Everlane.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-11-21 17:16
Evelina
2019-11-27 09:52

I have a bit of a funny thing that happened with Everlane. I just ended up getting 250 euros worth of clothing for free and 20 euros worth of account credit 😆

Niklas
2019-11-27 10:59

What? Why? 😃

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-11-27 13:52

#4 Well I placed an order from Everlane to be shipped to Sweden on Oct 1st. My mom got me a giftcard from there and since I don't know when the next time I will be in the states I decided to place an international order. A couple months go by and I never received the order. So I email them and they said it was stuck in the Netherlands for some unknown reason. I could either cancel the order for a full refund or have them ship another order. I decided to cancel the order for a full refund because I read (after I placed the order) that if I did a refund on an international order then I wouldn't be refunded the duties and taxes, which was nearly 80 euros. I was worried the jeans wouldn't fit and I didn't want to risk it. Everlane made sure to refund me the duties and taxes in my case simply because I never received the package. They do not normally do this. 

The order that was stuck in the Netherlands was supposed to go back to Everlane. I have had a letter from the post laying around for a week to pick up a package. I figured someone bought me something for my birthday (which was a few weeks ago) and sent it to me as present. I took awhile until I went to pick it up. I finally did it yesterday, only to find out that it was a very sad looking brown paper bag package from Everlane with lots of holes in it haha . The clothes including the duties and taxes all amount to about 250 euros.  So now I am like what do I do? I tried the stuff on and they do fit. I don't love the jeans, they do fit but they are a little looser than I would like. The cashmere sweater I quite like, although it isn't a very high quality cashmere. It is somewhat itchy but would be fine with a long-sleeved t shirt. The color in the photo looked like it would be a burgundy brown but it is actually just dark brown. 

I got all my money back last week from them, and I even had extra euros worth of credits on my Everlane account. Come to find out they gave me 20 euros simply because the first time I tried to place that previous order, the website just wouldn't work. And I got another mysterious 20 euros for I have honestly no idea why. 

I placed another order with them over the weekend (before I picked up my original package unknowingly), but this time I sent it to my Dad's house in the US since he is travelling to Sweden  tomorrow and he would just bring it with him. This order contained different items from my previous order. This time ordered a beige cashmere sweater and a simple grey t-shirt with the gift card and credits I had. Things I know will most likely fit so I don't have to worry about returning them.

Niklas
2019-11-27 14:40

Aha, nothing bad that doesn't have any good side effects, I guess. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: