Annons:
Taggreen-consumption
Read 1517 times
Leia
2019-06-21 20:02

Say goodbye to plastic packaging at McDonalds

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Come September, all UK McDonalds restaurants will be scrapping plastic from their McFlurry and salad packings to alternative recyclable cardboard containers. 

The new containers are made from ‘carton board’ 50 per cent of which is made from recycled content and the other from new materials from sustainable sources.

Beth Hart, supply chain director for McDonald's UK and Ireland, said the changes "will save nearly 500 metric tonnes of plastic a year. It's the latest step in our sustainability journey."

This follows the change from plastic straws to paper ones, what do you think of these changes?

Photo by a befendo on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2019-06-21 20:46

Happy and sad at the same time I think. While obviously this represents progress in using more sustainable materials, I REALLY hope they continue to research and bring out simply better options. The straws they use are terrible compared to other paper straws, so something can definitely be done.

Leia
2019-06-24 13:01

#1 you could always bring your own metal/bambo alternative! I think its silly how much people are complaining and even petitioning for the old ones back!!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: